Group history since its creation in 1898
Millet group history begins in 1898, when Paul Millet acquired his first wagon, a wine cask.
Marcel, the father of Philippe Millet creates the company Marcel Millet SA.
At that time, Millet sold more than 1,500 wagons.
In 1981, Marcel Millet company acquired its first 90T wagon.
Philippe Millet takes over from his father and creates the Millet SAS company in 1989
Group Millet creates its logistics subsidiary RTChem in Belgium in order to complete its range of services and develop the Full Service.
The Group Millet deployed its first mobile team operating in the Rouen / Le Havre area in 2007.
The Group Millet acquired its first locomotives in 2009.
In 2013, Millet SAS obtained the ECM Wagons certification. It preserves its fleet of wagons according to the VPI standards rethought by Millet.
The Millet group becomes the unique owner of the largest French rail freight wagon maintenance workshop.
The same year, a mobile team covering Nantes / St Nazaire was set up.
Within 23 years, the company Millet SAS strengthened its position in Europe thanks to its fleet multiplied by 6.
In 2021, the fleet is made up of 7,700 wagons.
A new development axis in rail traction
To provide rail traction for its own customers, the Group Millet buys 12 locomotives.
The Group Millet relies on its two railway companies Millet Rail and Ouest Rail to provide rail traction to its various customers.
The Groupe Millet thus completes the range of services offered to manufacturers.
By acquiring the manufacturer AFR in Douai, the group Millet becomes the new owner of the only wagon construction site in France.
Titagarh Wagons AFR then becomes Millet AFR.
Millet SAS completes its range of services by obtaining ECM Locomotives certification.
Since 2020, the Millet company has been equipped with GPS to geolocate its fleet of wagons
The Group Millet obtains the GMP + certification. We are now part of a high quality animal nutrition approach.
Acquisition of the locomotive & wagon maintenance and repair workshop in St Varent (79)