With the recent takeover of the RAMFER site in Saint Varent (79), the Millet group is strengthening its service offer in the field of railway maintenance by integrating a workshop for locomotives and wagons.
Accessible on the Saumur – Les Sables-d’Olonne line, this workshop, built in 2008, will provide operating and heritage maintenance for the group’s locomotives and its customers.
Five technicians have access to a 2,900 m² workshop and 2.5 kilometers of track for the storage and maintenance of locomotives and wagons. With 120 meters of track with pit, it is possible to work on 9 locomotives at the same time.
The SDH FER site in Saint Varent is also:
- Authorization for GCU interventions on wagons,
- Training and certification for safety tests (ATESS, KVB, RST, DAAT)
- Training and certification for the maintenance of MTU engines
- Rental of locomotives for maintenance
- Four 25-ton lifting columns, two 16-ton cranes, a washing area, a non-road fuel station
- Mobile teams capable of rapid intervention on sites in the Grand Ouest region.
With SDH FER Saint Varent, the Millet group becomes ECM4 for locomotives